27 July, 2009

Hampton Designer Showhouse 2009

I love these showhouses. I seek them out and like a kid at Disney for the very first time; drool over each of the exquisitely designed rooms, each of them perfection. My first showhouse was two years ago at Marshall Field's old Caumsett mansion. Ah yes, I still dream of those venetian plaster walls and that hand-carved lucite vanity chair. Yummy. I am expecting nothing less of this newest showhouse that opened yesterday on David's Lane in Watermill. I love even more that one of my favorite designer's, Kate Singer, has done a room and can't wait to see it. I feel a girl's day out coming!

8/25/09 Follow-Up. We made it out to the showhouse this week! Not as big a house as I thought it was going to be and on a very small lot! But, the selling price was indicative of those aspects; for only a mere 7 million in the Hamptons! Overall, the details of the house were amazing -- the millwork stood out and the quality of the construction was amazing. Apparently, Farrell Construction consistently produces quality work and amazing details, and it shows. While my girlfriend and I appreciated the house overall, it was not our style per se. A bit too high style for us and we would have liked to see more traditional aspects in the design. The library and the bedroom by Elizabeth Bailey were our favorites -- loved that Farrow & Ball high gloss, Skylight paint in the entry closet! I also loved the master bath designed by Brady Interiors. That shower was awesome! Loved those Odegard marble shower stools - like a garden stool in marble, as opposed to a teak bench or stool. A great time overall followed up by lunch @ Bobby Vans with some quick shopping through Bridgehampton and home! Loved it! Well worth the trip!
P.S. - See Habitually Chic for some amazing interior photos of the house. http://habituallychic.blogspot.com/2009/08/hampton-designer-showhouse-basement.html.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...