27 January, 2013

NYIGF 2013 Quickie

Abstracts, agate, and artwork oh my!  Having made my way quickly through Pier 94 on a beautiful, sunny New York City day, I captured a few of my favs from the home show.  I felt like I saw a lot of what I saw last year with only a little variation.  Abstract high quality (hand varnished) giclees were hot, bone boxes, stools, and tables, still looking great, garden stools, antiqued mirror, sunbursts, lacquer finishes, and punches of color mixed beautifully with the rustic look of Bliss studios and others. One thing I didn't notice anywhere was the color of the year, Emerald? Hmmmm.... But, it's always a great show! Here are a few of my favs -- Enjoy!

Hudson Valley Art Studio Lyndi Lende -- These high quality, hand varnished giclees on canvas are available in custom colors and are framed beautifully with silver leaf.  The price point is amazing and you don't see the pixels like so many lesser quality giclees.


JM Piers Fine Home Accessories - Their custom order pagoda lamps, lantern, and sconces available in the Sherwin Williams colors were so perfect!



Worlds Away

Wendover Art - These were beautiful in person!
 Tommy Mitchell -- I love these!  They remind me of something Bunny Williams has on her desk :)


Grace and Blake had some beautiful abstract works of art in this sapphire blue between acrylic and I accidentally deleted it from my camera ;(  It was beautiful!
 Jamie Dietrich -- Always a fav of mine for naturals!
 Nate Ricketts had some really cool things using crystals and shells - elegant and fun!


 Karen Robertson -- One of my hands down favorites!




 Dunes and Duchess -- Need I say more?  I LOVE these lighting fixtures! LOVE!


Bungalow 5
Emissary Home & Garden - These are fun garden stools!
 These light fixtures and this mirror I found so fun!

 There is always something about Bliss Studio that appeals to me - so calming.
Lo Forti Fine Prints always has the most amazing prints - simply gorgeous!



 Finishing up my wonderful day in the city!
 Ralph Lauren Flagship Store on Madison - I want one room like this, just one -- with the Jazz playing too, just like when I walked into this room ;) I know, it's a bit much, but what atmosphere!


Photobucket

1 comment :

  1. I am new to your blog and for Christmas this year I received The Joy of Decorating and love it. Thanks for sharing the home show photos and for blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...