21 January, 2011

work in progress

Our family room is undergoing a slow, but steady transformation to a fun, functional, and kid-friendly space. Here's the mood board that started it all. Well, actually it was my little friend, the Hermes box, that started it all. Can you tell? While I know the room could be more 'hip' (I was initially thinking Jonathan Adler throws and Hermes trays), these are all pieces that have been kid and husband approved and are rugged to boot. Our Possibilities sectional from JCPenney (of all places) has been fabulous and we all have a place to sit! Imagine! The Safavieh rug, from Ballard Designs, is actually an indoor-outdoor rug I can hose down if necessary! Let's hope not! Our baskets, tucked under Ballard Designs Durham Bunching Tables, hold the kids blankets for cold nights while watching our favorite movies.  My husband and I painted the walls Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray and the accents of antique brass look really wonderful against the gray. And, we love our picture frame set from Picture Wall Company. Enjoy!
Family Friendly Room

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...