18 January, 2011

diy - not

We are not all created equal.  At least, not when it comes to diy projects :)  Expensive mistakes, expensive tools, and lack of a proper work space have left me one of those homeowners who feels better doing the research and finding the perfect workmen to add those custom touches to my home; rather than having to purchase tools that my husband and I have no idea how to use, much less the space to set them up properly.  Don't get me wrong I LOVE diy projects and will paint my entire home without hesitation, among other things.  I'm an avid gardener, who has done all of my landscape design and maintains my garden lovingly.  My husband and I recently painted our open floor-plan kitchen and family room, the gorgeous Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray, and I've repainted my kitchen cabinets at least four times in seven years! We've added beautiful decorative stair brackets and many more other little things.  But, my favorite bloggers are those talented husband-wife teams that are constantly transforming their homes with amazing diy projects that range from simple mirrors to entire structural transformations.  Alas, it is not meant to be for me.  Three small children, limited work space, and even more limited time, will always force me to do months of research to find that talented craftsman who can add that special touch to our home for just the right price.  A favorite quote of mine sums up my relationship with diy perfectly; 
"While I have insane amounts of respect and envy for those who can DIY, I'm more of a curator than a fixer-upper."  Via Apartmenttherapy.com, Liz from Durham. 
Envy, indeed.  Here are some of my favorite diy bloggers, who are so amazingly talented it blows my mind.  There are many, many, talented diy bloggers out there, but these are the three that I come back to again and again for inspiration.  Enjoy!








P.S. If you have a favorite diy blogger, please send along their blog address so that I can add to my favs!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...