25 August, 2010

elegant simplicity at its best

Flying into Nantucket Memorial Airport, I felt as if I were on a second honeymoon.  Especially after landing and walking across the tarmac arm in arm with my husband. The glorious feeling of freedom with simply my husband and myself and no children.  Bliss.  The weather was beautiful for our 72-hours of heaven spent at The White Elephant Hotel with dinner at 21 Federal, lunches at local hang-outs while crossing the island on our Vespa style scooter, and of course, the Nantucket Garden Club House & Garden Tour! The simple elegance was sublime.  I could not get enough of the small, yet beautifully done gardens, the minimalist elegance of the millwork, and the perfectly executed interiors.  Especially those that led into outdoor entertaining areas.  Excuse the pics taken with my phone, but, of course, the camera battery died and the last thing we thought to bring with us was the charger!  Enjoy!  Oh, and this is only a small sample of the many pictures we took!



























Image Courtesy of Wing Works Landscape
Image Courtesy of Wing Works Landscape

Image Courtesy of Wing Works Landscape

Image Courtesy of Wing Works Landscape

Image Courtesy of Wing Works Landscape






The End.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...