23 July, 2010

Almost Heaven, Huntington, New York

Upon a recent visit to one of my favorite Huntington Village restaurants, Prime, my father-in-law stood next to me on the dock, and commented "when I die and go to Heaven, I want to come back here...."  Looking out over the beautiful harbor, filled with sailboats, as the sun set into shades of pink, blue, and gray, I thought, he could not be more right.  Yes, we have our problems, like any other community.  And yes, those problems seem insurmountable at times, but it is a place worth saving, worth keeping, worth staying.  Oh, and by the way, my father-in-law lives year-round in Bermuda.  And, that, I believe is saying a lot for our little town.
Image Courtesy of http://www.restaurantprime.com/.
For more of my favorite Huntington restaurants, check out the DineHuntington FB page!  DH always has the most up to date info on where to dine, as well as all the great news about Huntington's hot spots! Look for Restaurant Week in Huntington, October 10-17. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...