07 November, 2009

School is Cool, but Wow!


I had no idea how hard it would be to return to the classroom as a student of interior design. Reading, vocabulary, mid-terms, projects! The mere technicalities of color that I had no idea existed! Whew, to say the least. While our class numbers have dropped from roughly 24, down to 10, the payoff has been tremendous. To say that I have learned an enormous amount in 9 weeks is putting it lightly. We are lucky to have an amazing professor from FIT in NYC, Susan Slotkis (her book image at top) who is on the board of the ASID, IDEC and other interior design organizations and brings with her other life experiences invaluable in the classroom. I am already looking foward to next semester and cultivating all the many friendships and acquaintances that I have made on my trips to Stark, Duralee and other fun places I've been this semester! Seven more weeks left and then part II next semester. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...