19 November, 2009

Love "Pure Style Home" and Grisaille!

I was getting ready to do a post on grisaille, or monochromatic paintings, when I came across a new blog that I have fallen in love with! Lauren Liess, the author, is based out of my hometown, the Washington, DC/NOVA area and I love her style! Her blog is full of fun, beautiful things and her style, which she summarizes, is one I totally agree with as well. Lauren says; "My design philosphy, "pure style," is based on keeping things simple, beautiful & fun. Everyone has his or her own personal style & I believe our homes should embody us. The best way to do this is to clear out all the unnecessaries. Keep & seek only what you love, and your home will truly be yours." I totally agree. Lauren, as do so many designers now a days, also offers online design consultations through her firm Pure Style Interiors! Check it out! http://purestylehome.blogspot.com/. And, last but not least, if you want to know who did Martha Stewart's grisaille mural in the entryway of her former home (Turkey Hill in CT.), I did a little digging and found Eric Beare; http://www.ebeare.com/murals.php?img=0&ti=0. Oh, yes, to have Eric come out from Brooklyn and create one of his masterpieces in my entryway would be a dream! A few images from Eric's website highlighting his immense and varied talents. Enjoy!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...